Dear Parent or Guardian,
Your household may be eligible to receive Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) benefits to buy food. P-EBT is for children 5-18 years old who received SNAP food benefits for the month of March 2020 and children up to 21 years old who are certified for free or reduced-price meals at school in Texas during the 2019-20 school year.
The online application for P-EBT is now open. Please review the criteria to see if you need to apply to receive these benefits. The application link is provided below.
Do I need to apply for P-EBT?
Families that DID NOT get SNAP benefits for the month of March 2020
• Yes, you will need to apply.
• Fill out an application here: yourtexasbenefits.com/Learn/PEBT
• The application is open until June 30, 2020.
• If you do not currently get SNAP benefits and your child is approved for P-EBT, you will be mailed a P-EBT card loaded with benefits.
Families that DID get SNAP benefits for the month of March 2020
• You DO NOT need to apply for children ages 5-18. Benefits were loaded onto your existing SNAP card by May 22.
• If you have children under 5 and/or between the ages of 19 and 21, you will need to fill out an application for those children. Fill out an application here: yourtexasbenefits.com/Learn/PEBT
• If you get SNAP benefits and your child is approved for P-EBT, we will put funds on your current Lone Star Card.
P-EBT is a one-time benefit for families issued through an EBT card (like a debit card). Families receive up to $285 per eligible child.You will have one year from the date the benefits were issued to use your P-EBT benefits.